I will be part of the line-up that night! Come check it out!
Fourth Annual Great Twin Cities Poetry Read
• Sat., April 20, Hamline University, 7 p.m. at the Anderson Center*
• 25-30 poets read a single unpublished poem each
• At the end of the reading they draw a name from a hat and one of the participating poets gets $500
• All poems read are anthologized in the the Poetry City, USA series; each new volume of the anthology debuts one year after the reading at which the poems were read (this year, for example, Poetry City, USA, Vol. 3 will be available)
• Last year they had more than 250 in the crowd
readers: Angela Veronica Wong • Molly Sutton Kiefer • M. Bartley Seigel • Bryan Bearhart • Elizabeth Workman • Nicole Helget • Amy McCann • James D’Agostino • Karen Carcia • Cindra Halm • Jen March • Aaron Apps • Peter Gloviczki • Luke Pingel • Rachel Moritz • Mike Finely • A.T. Grant • Gretchen Marquette • Saymoukda Duangphouxay Vongsay • Alison Morse • Sierra Demulder • Brian Beatty • Martha Meek • Dore Kiesselbach • Su Smallen • Ed Micus • Kathleen Jesme • Becca Barniskis • Wang Ping •
*parking: There’s a lot of street parking around Hamline and there are two Hamline lots that offer free parking on the weekends. I.e., parking won’t be a problem.